Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Change of Posting Format

Producing quality posts while having schoolwork and classes is pretty tough.  I had classes today (classes weren't delayed or cancelled as I thought they might be), however, I started on the "This is a Christian Nation post and it will definitely be up tomorrow.  I'll try to get up four long posts and three short updates a week.  Today will qualify as a short post.  I had quite a few discussions with people today, mostly in my immediate family, about religious topics.  One major topic that was present in almost all of my conversations was, "Why should we care what other people believe?".  I'll do a post on this because it is a very good question.  In short, people should have a right to believe whatever they want, but they don't have a right to act on all of those beliefs.  For example, you may want to take a swing at me, but under the law your right to swing your fist ends at my nose.  Bringing the analogy back to the religious context; I support your right to hold whatever belief about X your religion teaches, but keep your beliefs to your church and do not try to infuse your religion into the government, classrooms, courthouses, etc.  This also relates to the "This is a Christian nation!" fallacy that will be addressed tomorrow.  I do not have many topics in reserve, so feel free to ask me to write about whatever you want.  Submit your ideas in the form of a comment in the comments section below or as an e-mail sent to brbailey@umd.edu.  Feel free to use my comments section and e-mail to ask any question, prove me wrong, point out my mistakes, or just have a discussion.  My next three long posts (if there are no suggestions) are probably going to be, in order, "This is a Christian Nation!", "Why do you care what I believe?", and "Pascal's Wager".  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment